Saturday, January 12, 2008

Goodmorning!


Hello Friends,
I just came back from my morning walk and I thought since I was being such a good girl, I would stop and post a little about what I am doing these days.
I have had several clients over the past few months ask me to do custom art for them. So I am thinking of creating a website just for the "Custom" art. I will still be doing my own little whimsical things and selling them on Etsy because if I didn't, I'd go insane. I love to do custom art but it feels good to get the stuff out of my head and on paper, canvas...whatever I get my hands on. So I will be employing the delightful skills of my sister to create a new website for me and I will let you know when it's ready! I'm very excited!
Also, as I have probably told you before, I love books. Especially Jane Austen novels! Anything filled with romance and drama. Some of my other favorites are Little Women, To Kill a Mockingbird, Circle of Friends....I could go on forever. Anyway, I have read these books so many times I feel like the characters are my friends:) So, another project I am planning to work on of "Dolls of Literature" . I want to make hand painted art dolls after all of my favorite
characters. I think my first set will be Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy from Little Women.
Well, that's what has been rattling around my head for a while so we'll see what happens!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Great ideas! Your work is so cute!
:)
Lauren

Diane Duda said...

Little women is one of my very favorites as well. I still have the copy my aunt gave me for my 10th birthday in 1974.
Can't wait to see the dolls!

Di