Friday, April 4, 2008

Save the Bees!


Hello Friends,

I hope you are all well. I wanted to thank you all for your kind words and well wishes. My father in-law is still in critical condition but they are hopeful that he will recover mentally. My husband still has no idea when he will be coming home so I'm still holding down the fort:) Jake told me the other day that he will be my husband while dad is away. Awwww, boys are so sweet!


My sister sent me this link and I wanted to share it with you. It's called The Great Sunflower Project and it's aimed at researching the decline of bees. I don't know if you have heard about this but the information is very, very sad. Imagine what would happen if all of our bees die. NO FOOD PEOPLE! No cross pollination, no crops, no food! Not to mention no flowers, honey ....you get the point. All you have to do is join this group and they will send you a packet of sunflower seeds to plant in your yard. At a certain time, you will be asked to watch your sunflowers and count the bees that you see. Then you log onto the site and record your findings (or you can mail a paper form). They will then use this information to figure out what parts of the country have more bee problems and will be able to turn their attention there. I signed up this morning and the boys and I are going to make this one of our summer projects. What better way to get your kids involved in saving their planet by explaining how important bees are. I've mentioned in my posts before about the little things we take for granted. I think Bees may top the list!


Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

WOW this is a great project! I signed right up! My oldest son is a BUG freak- so he is all excited about this!

Hope hubby is home soon and FIL improves! HUGS!

Michelle said...

I am signing up too! Great idea and I agree with your post completely! Hope you Father in law is better soon and hubby home. At least you have a husband until then! So cute!

jen duncan said...

Oh gosh...one more thing to worry about. The bees!
I hope your FIL pulls through. Best wishes to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

don't forget to have the bee sting cream on hand this summer!
:)
L

SunshineandRavioli said...

Been out of the loop for a few days....sorry to hear about your FIL-so hard when parents are hurt or ill...will be sending you and yours all my positive thoughts....
And what a great project...I am off to sign up...