Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Wheels are Turning again!

Hello Friends,
As the title says...the wheels are a turning again. After a few weeks of no studio and almost no blogging I am happy to say that I am ready to get the creative juices flowing again. And I can also let the cat out of the bag and tell you that I've been planning and preparing for my husband's surprise 40th birthday party we had this past Saturday. Everything was perfect. Friends, family, the amazing weather, the fantastic cake my very talented sister in-law made and the brute strength of my best sister Mandy in helping me set up the tents, tables and chairs. We all pulled it off right under his nose and he hadn't the smallest clue. I planned, cleaned, cooked and decorated our house while he was either at work or at the gym. It was exhausting but worth it to see the surprise on his face. My garden even cooperated and bloomed just in time for the big day.









I have been working on the largest family portrait to date...a family of 9. Eeek! It's taking me a while to finish the sketch but it's coming along nicely and I will be sure to show you the end result.

These sweeties were born around Mother's Day and were ready to move out two weeks later. I'm so glad I'm not a bird mama! I'd never let them go:)

I have a few Father's Day paintings up my sleeve and maybe a few other goodies as long as life stays calm for a while. No guarantees!
Talk to you soon!









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that your creative juices are starting to flow again! I had been dry for a while too! Can't wait to see what you are working on!

Your baby robins look the ones outside my house! I really am going to be sad when they fly away!

Sue said...

Surprise parties are so much fun to plan! I had one for my hubby's 40th too, which like yours, turned out perfectly.

Glad you are feeling inspired again, I think we all go through those dry periods.

Michelle said...

Way to go! I love pulling a surprise on a hubby. Wow, a family of nine, just think how the mom feels. Don't forget to show us pictures!