Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Welcome Back...

To school, that is.
Today was the first day of school for most of the kids in the North East. I know...we start late. But think of us when we are still in school at the end of June:)
The weather couldn't have been better for the back to school mood. Cool 70's during the day and 50's at night. Great for sleeping!

Jake started middle school today. Sometimes I wonder if Jake is really my son. He went from a school with about 400 kids to a school of about 2,000 and didn't flinch. I would have been up all night, possibly vomiting. I'm so glad he didn't inherit my neurotic gene.


I don't think Alex is so lucky.

He did great but a few tears were shed (not mine this time) when the bus pulled up. But his first words when he hopped off of the bus were, "I loved it!" so I think tomorrow will be perfect.

By the way, he thinks his sneakers are totally cool:)

My fabulous photographer/Sister took some photos of my latest pieces for the show.

Here they are...

I just love this little truck. It came from the same bag of loot the blocks I used for the houses came out of. I have a train I am working on now...so cute!

This piece is a vintage wood box that I bought at the Goodwill store.

Don't forget about my shop update tomorrow night!
See details below:)
Enjoy!


6 comments:

julie king said...

i miss that first back to school day. my kids are grown and my oldest granddaughter lives an hour away. it makes me sad to not be able to participate in all of that.

your boys are so cute and please tell alex that i love his shoes too!

julie king said...

meant to also say that the box with the truck and xmas tree is so cute. my fave so far!

CourtneyP said...

The first day..... so sweet. I still get butterflies !!

Cris said...

Awww-the boys look adorable! The new pieces are fantastic too!

jen duncan said...

The boys look so sweet and your art is adorable. I know you'll do so well!

Micki Wilde said...

Aww i'm so glad they are loving school, my daughter is off sick today already, they only been back 4 days :( she got 2 back teeth coming up at the same time and her mouth is all swollen up, she got headaches and a temperature too, poor kid!

I absolutely adore the little chest you made and the little truck on the other one is so cute!!

Micki x