Friday, August 20, 2010

The Couch of Shame.

This is our family room couch.
It's around 7+ years old.
We sleep on it.
We eat on it.
We watch tv on it.
We lay on it when we're sick.
We (I really mean Alex) even use it as a WWE wrestling ring.

Needless to say it's seen better days.
Today when I was vaccuming,  I gave the couch a good hard look.
"Hmmmm" I said, "When was the last time I cleaned under your cushions?"
So I lifted one.
gasp!
Then another.
Gasp!!
Then the last.
GASP!!!
"What's under there?" asked my husband.
"What's NOT under there?" is what I replied.
I wanted to take a picture to share with you all.
My husband didn't agree.
I think he's ashamed.
I'm not.
It was bad!

When's the last time you checked your cushions

8 comments:

Micki Wilde said...

OOh lady, you should see my cushions, our sofa is about 6 years old, has a few tears in the seams, breakfast cereal stains, you name it it's there, and it's also the dogs favourite sleeping place so it stinks of doggy smell too.......NICE!!!!!



Micki x

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

you always make me feel better micki!

Cris said...

Ha Ha! Yes, the last time I looked under my couch cushions (longer ago than I care to admit), I was horrified to say the least~ At least there was some change involved--not enough to be worth it though.

Unknown said...

My couch looks a whole lot like yours and now I am very afraid to lift the cushions! :)
By the way, the tiny glimpse of your rug looks very cool. I wish I could pan out on the picture and see more of that rug! :)

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Ha Cris, I only got 50 cents out of it...my kids are cheap:)

Thanks Trisha, I bought the the rug from Ikea a few years ago. I'll take another picture for you:)

nacherluver said...

Okay, should I feel shamed the other way? We have a futon (our couch died) which we received used from hubby's cousin. No cushions to check under. Even with a used futon, we've always had an "Eat at the table or in the kitchen" rule in our house?
Too anal perhaps?

Ah well. We're all different and that's what makes the world so fun :)

Jeannette said...

It's not under the cushions,it's whats under the whole couch when I lift it up that scares me lol...

jen duncan said...

The couch of shame. lol. I love Dug in the movie Up. Our cushions are attached so I flip the entire thing over every week or so. I'm all too aware of the dog hair, popcorn, popsicle sticks etc that float down the cracks. yuk! with all these cats, dog and kids we"re probably stuck with these behemoths for a while tho. :-)