Thursday, December 9, 2010

baby, it's cold outside!

Winter is officially here in NJ.
It's in the 20's ...the teens in the morning.
Ugh!
I'm ok with the cold until Christmas is over.
Then, I'm done.
January and February are the pits, I think.
Stuck indoors.
Nothing to look at outside but bare trees and maybe dirty snow.
But Christmas makes winter look pretty!
The decorations, the lights!
Joy, joy, joy!
Speaking of decorations...here are some of my favorites this year. 



my pink vintage tree






the kids tree in the family room. 



vintage Barclay skaters on a pretty vintage mirror and frame.
this set came from my grandmom, but she always displayed them on a cardboard round covered in foil.


Living room tree.


Front porch with my awesome NEW Santa!
If you don't just LOVE old stuff, then you're probably not feeling the awesomeness.



He's hand painted on aluminum with a yummy old red ribbon.
All of the edges are cut and curled and sharp as hell.
The rest of my family finds him "creepy"
but that's not the first, or last, time I have heard that.
Who cares? I love him!


My newest decorations...
Ralphies house from A Christmas Story from Department 56.
A gift from my husband:)



 Cleveland Elementary School.


Chop Suey Palace.
Fa ra ra ra ra!


More of my vintage bottle brush tree collection.
The one on the right plays sweet music.
A gift from my sister years ago...still my favorite!


Tiny Santa's tucked in safe.

Well, that's about it for now.
I hope your holiday shopping is going better than mine.
I must bundle up and brave the cold today
No more hiding in my studio!!

Enjoy your day!





6 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

oh Tracy I love all the old vintage goodies! I am so with you on that one, the older the better!
thanks for sharing your lovely home with us :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pink tree and all your fabulous dept 56!! The last picture in the white cabinet love the santa on the right top shelf:) I am so with you on winter !! If I had my way we would have a very early spring like in jan:) Have a great day and stay warm!!!Elma

pinkglitterfae said...

Great post, I love seeing everyone's decorations. Your pink vintage tree is cute, and the kids tree is awesome! Must be fun to be in your house for the holidays.
Agree with you about Jan and Feb though...they seem such a let down after Christmas.

Micki Wilde said...

urgggh I hate the weather we have here in the uk at the moment, minus 16C the other morning!!!!!!!

I am loving all your vintage sparklies though, so much fun and I especially love the santa on your porch, I kinda like 'creepy' santas lol!!


Can you believe I have a 12 year old in my house now? 13 next year!!! omg how will I cope with a teenager? ;)

Micki x

Jana said...

love the decorations!

Diane Duda said...

I feel the awesomeness, Tracy!
Everything looks wonderful. Gotta love those Miser Brothers. :)
xo
Di