Friday, December 30, 2011

Finding Inspiration.

Hello Friends,
I always hear people talk about where they go to get inspired.
They go to museums, take long walks, watch really bad reality tv.
Just kidding, I really don't recommend reality tv for inspiration. 
I really don't know where it comes from for me. 
It's a struggle for me most of the time and I know it's because I am always looking for
 an amazing idea instead of just going with the ok ones.  
Sometimes I see things that are inspiring but they don't fit with the frame of mind I'm in at the time.
I get an idea in my head and I think and think and think way before I ever get to the actual painting.
I try and picture exactly how it will look at the end and then sometimes I'm disappointed when the finished piece doesn't turn out quite right. 

2012 is going to be the year of change for me.
I'm going to embrace the OCD in me and just let myself be the artist I was meant to be.
I'm not going to worry that it takes me two weeks to do a painting that should probably take me a few days. That being said, I AM going to try and relax a little and leave some room for imperfection.
Stop thinking so much and just enjoy the experience.


I received this sweet little box of French chocolates in my stocking this Christmas.


How cute are they????

Ever since I made this guy


I have been wanting to do a series of fish.
So between the red of the Sardine can and the yummy gold and blue in the fish,
I came up with this...


I originally thought I would just do the cut paper fish and then paint the curtain but I am a sucker for shadowboxes so I created the curtain frame to go around the canvas.



The fish took me hours!
He's made from itty bitty circles punched from various vintage and craft papers.
That's where the OCD comes into play.

So thanks to the inspiring gift of chocolate sardines, a new series has come to life. 
Yay for inspiration in unexpected places!

***** I'm going to be doing a monthly newsletter so please sign up!*****
It's on the right, under my little tea time picture:)

5 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Love this blog post--the fish you made are just great!!

Unknown said...

Great fish!

I'll sign up for the newsletter

Sabrina said...

This fish is sooo gorgeous!!! He was worth the time he took. The scales are incredible. Looks like it's going to be a good 2012 for you!

Micki Wilde said...

Love your fish!!
I love all your paintings with fish in them especially when they are paired together with a moustache man ;o)

Hope you and your lovely family have a wonderful New Year

Micki x

Jennifer DeDonato said...

Your fish looks wonderful. I love your guy also. great job.