Monday, February 11, 2008

Nuts!



No... sadly I'm not speaking of the snack or the way something makes you crazy. I'm speaking of the new word my boy's have started using to describe a part of their anatomy. As in, "Mommy, Jake just kicked me in the nuts!" or "Jake, stop or I'll kick you in the nuts!" You have to picture my sweet, blonde haired, blue eyed four year old when you read this. He is all sweetness and perfection until he opens his mouth and then you are like"Good God! What did he just say?" The worst part about this issue is that the first time I heard it, they saw me smile. I know....it's the #1 rule in parenting! Don't let them see you laugh! But I am as immature as they come and I find words to be very amusing. Like fart. We were never allowed to use this word growing up and truth be told, I'm not too fond of hearing my kids say it either. But, sadly, it still makes me laugh as do many , many childish words.
Anyway............I 'm pretty sure I won't be nominated for "Mom of the Year 2008". There's always next year!
Just thought I'd share and make you all feel good about your own parenting skills. You're welcome! That's what I'm here for:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, hilarious!!! I have two boys (almost 7 & newly 4), and this post really made me feel soooo normal. I laugh way more than I probably should, too. Out of the mouths of babes, as they say. Everyday I find myself enjoying little boy humor more and more.

K Hutchinson said...

OMG he is so cute! I have to say being the Mom to 2 little boys..they do and say the funniest things! My boys say crap all the time..YIKES...I would rather they say nuts! But Ben calls his nuts - his peanuts!

Mandy said...

Great...is this what I'm in for?? Are they going to teach their cousin that word and make fun of his "cocktail weenie" when he's their age? Actually, I look forward to it. ;)

Diane Duda said...

oh...just wait!

xo
Di