Saturday, February 9, 2008

Good Morning Friends!


I hope you all are having a good weekend. My sister and I started our day this morning with a yoga class. It was especially fun for me because the class is held in an art gallery plus the building is a converted old home probably dating back 200 years or so. It was nice to not be in a gym or classroom and to be surrounded by creativity!
The words aren't flowing today so I am going to keep things short and sweet. As I mentioned before, I have been playing around with different mediums and styles due my constant need for change. I always admire artists who have a consistent style and a flow to their work but I don't know if this is possible for me. Maybe my work is consistent and I just don't recognize it? Anyway, here is a little glimpse of what I have been working on this past week. I'm kind of in portrait mode right now and I am really enjoying it. Flowers and birds also seem to be flowing from my head of late and I'm attributing this to my desire for winter to be over!
Have a great, peaceful weekend!

P.S. Visit my sister Mandy's blog for weekly eco-friendly tips. We at the Vintage Sister house have been trying our best to stop being wasteful......we gave up drinking straws and our next goal is to banish juice boxes! They are really such a waste!

5 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

This is gorgeous! I love your sister tip too! We have given up straws- all but for Milkshake night! We never buy drink boxes...even when we camp- I got the Nalgene toddler water bottles for the boys- they love them! I love that nalgene has free shipping! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Michelle said...

She is beautiful! And I think you must have a consistent style because I think allthe things made by you look like they were made by you! Does that make sense? Lovely, lovely,lovely!

Diane Duda said...

Wow! I love her!

And how lucky you are to get to spend time with your sister. Mine had to get a job after her divorce and I don't see nearly as much of her as I'd like.

We recycle even though our town doesn't pick it up. It sits in our basement until we make a run over to the center a few towns over. Makes for a messy basement sometimes...but well worth it. :)

xo
Di

noodle and lou said...

Just LOVE this new creation...it is truly gorgeous!! And the polkadot skirt with the bird!! yippppeeee...ADORE it!! Thanks for the intro to her shop. Love a girl who combines polka dots with birds:):) Have a great week...xoxo

Annie Beez said...

I love this piece! I have a constant need for change too, I think it is just the way some artists are. I know, its a little hard to build buyer momentum, but thats not always what its all about, right? And your style is still very recognizable.