Thursday, May 8, 2008

New Work...New Ideas



Hello Friends,
Things have been a bit somber and a bit overwhelming the past few weeks with the death of my father in-law a few weeks ago and the death of my uncle yesterday. It also seems like my kids schools got together and decided to lump all trips, projects and parties all into the month of May. AHHHHHHHHHH!
BUT! I'n the spirit of moving on I have been trying my best to get into my "Art Room" as my kids call it, and get some work done and new ideas going.
Yesterday was spent at Jake's school for International Day where all of the kids researched and made big displays depicting their heritage. This project included making a dish that best represents the country they chose so it was so much fun to walk around and sample the foods. I ate many, many pieces of German Chocolate Cake as well as pasta salad:) Russia, Ireland, France, Poland, Japan, India, Africa, Pakistan and China were also represented so it was a good time. Then at night we had the school skating party which didn't end until 8:30 so it was straight home , showers and bed. The kids, and their mom were exhausted! But the good news is I spent the evening with my sketchbook coming up with new ideas for paintings and I found a sweet little something at the craft store that I think will be my next little project. Sneak peek to come......
Here are the newest pieces I've been working on. I will be posting them in my Etsy shop soon. I'll let you know.
Thanks for all of the great book recommendations! I have my list ready and will be making a trip to Borders soon.
Have a great day!

10 comments:

noodle and lou said...

Tracy, I'm so sorry for your losses...thinking of you and your family!!!

Your new paintings are fabulous! I can't imagine anything better than a Mom and Dad with polka dot hair!!!! SWOOOON!

xoxoox...jenn

K Hutchinson said...

Tracy, so sorry for your losses! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

I love the Mom and Dad pieces! They are so fun and cool!

Michelle said...

Oh, what a really hard month! Those are the sort of talks I dread having with my kids! I am thinking about you too.

I love your new pieces, they are wonderful.I think their eyebrows might be my favorite part!

Thanks for the congrats, can you believe I won that gorgeous mermaid?!!!

Anonymous said...

the new pieces are Soooo stinkin cool. good for you for working through the losses with something positive!

Sandy Mastroni said...

Hi Tracy .... Sorry to hear this news . Please tell your husband that we all are thinking of him too.
These new paintings are so cool . Polka dot hair ! very good .

jen duncan said...

I'm glad you're doing well as you maneuver through the ups and downs of Life. Dude--I'm totally diggin' those polka dotted eyebrows!! :-)

~dani~ said...

Wow, that is a doozie. I bet you could sleep for a month. I did not realize that your father in law did pass and now your uncle. Such a tough time. I am glad you have your art as a distraction from life's realities (even if it is for a 'lil bit). Your new pieces as usual are great. Love, Love, Love the eyebrows! I always look forward to seeing what you have. xoxo's to you and your family.

Krissy said...

How difficult this time must be for you. So very sorry. My heart goes out to you.
Your new pieces are divine! They would look so wonderful hung side by side!!
Cheers,
KRissy

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your father-in law and now your uncle.It sounds like a difficult and stressful time for you.

sMacThoughts said...

These are fantabulous, I'm gonna have to check out your shop!!