Friday, June 6, 2008

Donuts, Donuts, Donuts!


Did you know it's National Donut Day? Yummmmm....what a day to celebrate! Is there a National Chocolate Day? If so, I can't wait. Who makes up these days anyway? Im thinking probably the baking industry. So do your part and eat some donuts today, I know I will!
I apologize for the content of this post as I spent the whole day yesterday cleaning my studio, I have no new work to share. I did do a few little things to my Halloween dolls but nothing worthy of a picture. I got an Ott LIght in the mail yesterday that I ordered from Joanns. I'm not too sure I'm liking it. I know it's supposed to look like natural light but the blue cast it gives off gives me an uneasy feeling. Maybe I just need to get used to it. Do any of you have one? Do you like it?

The baby ducks have begun to hatch overnight. I checked this morning and there seems to be one that isn't going to make it. I keep wanting to interfere and help him but I keep telling myself to let mother nature take it's course but it's hard. This was one of the reasons I wasn't too happy that she built a nest in my garden. But on a much sweeter note, I took a peek out of my window to see two little heads poking out from under mamma making little peeping sounds. I hope everything is ok from here on out. I don't handle these things well, nature or not.
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with this stomach virus my boys have had. Five days each....totally knocked out, sleeping and doing the other two things that a stomach virus does. I haven't been out of the house other than to grocery shop (boo, hisss) for 8 days. This weekend is supposed to be a scorcher so hopefully we will make it to the pool!
I wanted to thank all of you who contributed recycling ideas!
Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

Get out of town..it is donut day! I am off to dunkin donuts- ASAP! I love donuts! I work in a donut shop in high school that smell is just toxic!

Michelle said...

this just might be the excuse I have been looking for! I have been wanting to try making a gluten-free spudnut for hubby, now I really need to! Good luck with the baby ducks, I know just what you mean. We had a lot of trees in our yard at the old house and birds were always building nests. It was fun, but the kids learned some lessons I would rather have avoided a bit longer. Hope you have a fabulous weekend, you have earned it!

Anonymous said...

I have the hardest time with lights as well..I now have just settled on painting only during the day as the "natural light" light bulbs dont look natural at all to me .
Now you have me craving a donut..but I already treated myself to a croissant this morning..ah well:) Have a wonderful weekend!
p.s. Love your new Halloween dolls!