I have wanted to do these for quite some time but kept putting it off because
I thought it would be too hard.
I was so wrong!
1. First I took a clear profile picture of the boys with my digital camera.
2. I uploaded them to my computer and printed them out full size on 8.5x11 paper.
3. I used a fine black marker to trace the outline of their silhouette.
4. I then used my scanner/copier to adjust the size of my silhouettes to fit the frames I purchased from Joanns and then I printed out a copy of each.
5. I taped my copy to a sheet of nice black paper (I used Canson pastel paper) and used a new x-acto blade to cut out the silhouette, following the black line.
6. For the last step I used double sided tape to mount the silhouettes onto pieces of white Canson for the background and popped them into frames.
It took me about an hour to do both.