Wednesday, March 30, 2011

my dad and my crush.

My Dad.


Dad in the 60's. I would KILL to have that car now!

Dad fixing the boat....again.


My dad has been gone for 11 years today.
I started to do a long post about my dad but I deleted it.
It's just too darn sad and I think my dad would have found it corny.
I know this becasue I'm a lot like my dad.
I remember telling him that I thought we were a lot alike
 and he groaned and said, "Don't tell me that."
He was a funny guy.


My Crush.

I don't watch Dancing with the Stars but can I tell you how tempted I am?
Ralph Macchio was my biggest crush when I was a teen!
I watched a little bit last night in between watching The Biggest Loser.
He's really good!
Who knew?

From this...


and this....


to this.


I think they should ask the rest of the "Outsiders" cast to be on DWTS.
How awesome would Matt Dillon look in a tux?

Have a great day!

6 comments:

The Travel Realm said...

Very touching about your Dad--he sounds like he was a character!
I have to say I loved the "Outsiders" back in the day--I was more into C. Thomas Howell though--of course, Matt Dylan was unforgettable in that too!

Unknown said...

Lovely post about your dad, sounds like a funny guy.
I love DWTS although, I haven't seen last nights so don't know who got sent home. Ralph Machio sure hasn't aged much! He's I think they said 48! Where did the time go! I loved the Outsiders too. So many cute guys in one movie. :)

Mandy said...

Love the pic of dad next to his car. Look how cool he looks, all lounged out. I miss him too. A lot.

LuLu Kellogg said...

My Dad has been gone too for quite a while and I miss him so much. Mine was a really funny guy too and I loved him to bits!

Ohhhhhhhh that car....to die for!

Ralph Macchio was one of my crushes too...he is doing a fantastic job on DWTS. I am watching every week now just because he's on there!

Have a fantastic rest of the week!

LuLu :)

julie king said...

such a touching tribute to your dad. ((hugs)) to you as you remember him.

sMacThoughts said...

Oh I have to check that out.... love Ralph Macchio. The old pics of your Dad are so wonderful; love that car, too!