Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Dinner

Hello Friends,
An early happy Valentine's Day to you!


For the last few years we have celebrated Valentine's Day with a special family dinner.
I decorate the table with our "fancy " dishes and silverware and we drink sparkling cider from champagne glasses. This was especially thrilling for Alex who, to my mortification, walked around telling everyone how he got drunk on champagne. 
It's a wonder CPS hasn't come knocking on our door.
The other day at a Dr.'s visit the Dr. asked him what kind of things he likes to do, to which he promptly answered, "Watch T.V."
Ugh!

Anyway....


Placecards with a special little message inside.





Last year I let everyone choose one thing they would like to have.
We had fried shrimp, baked macaroni and cheese, (this is the best recipe EVER!) and I think we had red velvet cupcakes for dessert. Alex doesn't like shrimp so I made him a heart shaped pizza.
My boys are creatures of habit so when I asked them what they wanted this year it was no surprise that they requested the exact same menu from last year. 
The only exception would be chocolate covered strawberries for Alex.  

What do you do for Valentine's Day?


In art news, I just finished a rather large painting.
18"x 24"



This isn't the best picture.
It's entirely too cold to be standing outside taking pictures today!!

The text says "A heart that loves is always young."
I will have matted prints of this piece available later this week.

Well, I'm off to have lunch with my sister.
Enjoy your day!!

No comments: