Thursday, February 2, 2012

What I'm Reading...


Hello Friends,
I'm a huge reader and this year I have decided to keep a log of how many books I read.
I bought my son a journal when he first started reading regularly to keep a list of all of the books he reads. I just thought it would be fun to keep a record, to look back five years and say, "Hey, I remember reading that" or "Oh gosh, I remember when I was into reading that." 
I can't tell you how many times I have come home with a book from the library only to remember (sometimes three chapters in) that I had read it before. 
He actually took it a bit further and adds his "book review" as well as the title.

I read really fast and although I enjoy the stories, I tend to forget a lot later on. 
That's NOT the case with my beloved Jane Austen. I have read and re-read all of her books many, many times. Like most Austen fans, my favorite is Pride & Prejudice with 
Sense and Sensibility as a close second. 
I do read "after Jane Austen" books but I still haven't found any that I really love.
I read Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters and didn't like it so I skipped Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (although I've been told that this one is much better.)  
My sister in law Lisa loaned me  Death Comes to Pemberly by P.D. James.
I'm about halfway through and I would say it's ok.
Not great but entertaining.
I think Lisa said it was, "Meh" which I thought was funny. 

While chatting on Facebook about this book,
one of my friends that has a baby said she got a Jane Austen counting book for her daughter. 
I HAD to find this book so I looked it up on Amazon.
Oh was that a mistake because look at what else I found!


  click on the pic's for the links to Amazon.



and



Now I think I need to have them all!
I have some Amazon gift cards I have been saving for a rainy day.
It's raining!!!
Now I need to find out more about this Jennifer Adams.
How cute is her art?? 

I'm going to be keeping track of my books in my sidebar soon so if you see something you would like to comment on, please do!

Enjoy your day.

No comments: