Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Beautiful Sunday....



Hello Friends,
I hope that the sun is shining as brightly for you as it is for all of us NJ folks. We had a busy day yesterday. It started at 5:30 am for me, getting the kids ready for our treck to Claysburg PA for my father in-laws funeral/memorial service. It's a 4+ hour drive but the scenery is just breathtaking. We saw mountains, cattle grazing over acres and acres of fresh green pastures, tons of sheep with their little lambs running behind. We even spied a little red fox on a hill above the turnpike. My little Alex has an awful stomach virus, AGAIN!, so he had to stay with grandma for the day but I think Jake was very pleased to be the only child again for the day. We didn't get home until almost 11:00 pm so needless to say today is a genuine day of rest. I was so sorry I didn't bring my camera! I always have it with me but I guess in the hustle and bustle of the morning I forgot to shove it in my bag. The whole ride I was thinking of how I would love to live in the country like this, on a farm miles and miles from everyone. Then three hours later we were driving through the city of Philadelphia and I started to get excited about the lights and architecture and the energy. Good for me where I am, I'm within driving distance of both.

My Halloween doll is just about finished. Her hat, cape and broom are in the making and I'm thinking she needs a man......

I was tagged A-Z by my dear friend Dani from Ambitions Design.Here goes.....

A -Attached or single: Attached
B- Best Friend: Anyone who reads my blog knows it's my sister! My hubby too but in a different way.
C- Cautious or Crazy: A bit of both
D-Day: Friday nights when the work and school week are done and it's just me, my family , pizza and a beer. (Beer for me, not the kids)
E- Essential Item: Hmmmmmm....would have to be my Burts Bees lip balm and my book collection.
F- Favorite Color: Red, It's bold and it makes me smile:)
G-Gummi Bears or Worms: Not a big fan but would consider them both if they were covered in chocolate.
H-Home town: I love the town I now live in, Mount Laurel, NJ and Philadelphia has a special place in my heart.
I- Indulgences: cocoa puffs with ice cold milk
J- January or July?:.... July...no doubt. I love the summer months.
K-Kids:.... 2 sweet, adorably gross little boys.
L-Life is incomplete without: Hugs and kisses and being creative
M- Marriage Date: June 14th 1997
N- Number of Siblings:2, 1 brother and 1 sister
O- Oranges or Apples: Apples- I love oranges but I'm very impatient and oranges take too long to peel.
P- Phobias or Fears: I save spiders but crickets freak me out and I make my husband kill them.
Q- Quote: Don't sweat the small stuff
R- Reason To Smile: My Family and nature
S- Season: I can't pick one. I love the change of all seasons but I'm usually sick of winter by January.
T- Tag Three:
Only if they want to do it, I would choose:
1. Jenn from Noodle and Lou Studio
2. Kim from Running on Ink
3. Michell from Gingham World
U- Unknown fact about me: I have a crush on James McAvoy
V- Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals: I would love to say I don't eat meat but I'm not a big vegetable eater and I fear I would starve. But in my defense, I eat more sugar than I do meat OR vegetables.
W- Worst Habit: disorganized
Y-Your favorite food: Pizza and Breyers Chocolate ice cream
Z: Zodiac Sign: Aries

I hope you find these more exciting than I.
Have a great day!

5 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

I agree...I so want to live in a big farm house miles and miles from anyone but would miss the city life just a little! Thanks for the tag! It looks fun! I have to think about my answers! Happy Sunday!

Michelle said...

First, I hope your weekend full of thinking of your father-in-law will leave you with a good memory of him. I really don't think parents should be allowed to leave us until they are at least 90.

Second, what a fun tag! I am so flattered! I will do it Monday. And girl, really cocoa puffs are your big indulgence? I think it has to have waaaay more calories than that to count as an indulgence! I love your description of boys, sweet adorable and gross just about covers it!
Enjoy your day of rest!

Waterrose said...

What a cool halloween doll. You started early...lol

annas dreams blog said...

Is incredible Beautiful, I love your doll. Lillian

~dani~ said...

Hello my lil Jersey friend! Thanx for sharing..I learned more about you!!! Woo hoo. Your lil pumpkin friend is too cute..can't wait to see what else you do!